Random Magic Ring
Water Elemental command
Elemental command rings are very powerful and appear to be nothing more than a lesser magic ring until fully activated (see below), but they have certain powers as well as the following properties:
- Elementals of the plane to which the ring is attuned can't attack the wearer, or even approach within 5 feet of him. If the wearer desires, he may forego this protection and instead attempt to charm the elemental (as charm monster, Will save DC 17). If the charm attempt fails, however, absolute protection is lost and no further attempt at charming can be made.
- Creatures from the plane to which the ring is attuned who attack the wearer suffer a -1 penalty to their attack rolls. The ring wearer makes applicable saving throws from the extraplanar creature's attacks with a +2 resistance bonus. He gains a +4 morale bonus to all attacks against such creatures. Any weapon he uses bypasses the damage reduction of such creatures, regardless of any qualities the weapon may or may not have.
- The wearer of the ring is able to converse with creatures from the plane to which his ring is attuned. These creatures recognize that he wears the ring. They show a healthy respect for the wearer if alignments are similar. If alignments are opposed, creatures fear the wearer if he is strong. If he is weak, they hate and desire to slay him. Fear, hatred, and respect are determined by the DM.
The possessor of a ring of elemental command (Water) suffers a saving throw penalty: -2 against fire-based effects.
The Ring also gives these abilities:
- Water walk (unlimited use)
- Create water (unlimited use)
- Water breathing (unlimited use)
- Wall of ice (once per day)
- Ice storm (twice per week)
- Control water (twice per week)
The ring appears to be a ring of water walking until the DM-established condition is met. It must be reactivated each time a new wearer acquires it.