Spellsword - General Prestige Class
This is a general Prestige class that may be applicable to the Forgotten Realms Campaign
The dream of melding magic and weaponplay is fulfilled in the person of the spellsword. A student of both arcane rituals and martial techniques, the spellsword gradually learns to cast spells in armor with less chance of failure. Moreover, she can cast spells through her weapon, as well as store spells there for later use.
Despite the name, a spellsword can use any weapon or even switch weapons. "Spellaxe," "spellspear," and other appellations for this prestige class are certainly possible but not commonly used. The requirements for this prestige class make it most attractive to multiclassed wizard/fighters or sorcerer/fighters, although bard/fighters can meet the requirements just as easily.
Feared by mages for her ability to cast in armor, and by common swordspeople for her ability to use spells, a spellsword often walks the world alone.
Hit Die: d8
To qualify to become a Spellsword, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 6 ranks.
- Feats: Proficiency with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light),
- Base Attack Bonus: +4.
- Spells: Ability to cast arcane spells of 2nd level or higher.
- Special: Must have defeated a foe through force of arms alone, without recourse to spellcasting.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: All simple and martial weapons and all armor (heavy, medium, and light).
All the Prestige Classes material is © Hasbro 2003, 2004 and used without their permission - so make them happy and buy the book.