Windwalker - Faerun Prestige Class
This is a Forgotten Realms Exclusive Class
The Rider of Winds teaches his adherents to ride the wind and let it take them wherever it blows, so as to see the wonder of the world. Some followers of Shaundakul take this admonition literally, learning to shape the winds with their hands and ride them to lands as yet unseen. In their travels, windwalkers spread the teachings of Shaundakul far and wide, lending a helping hand to those in need and blazing trails for those who follow. Many come to Myth Drannor to drive the evil outsiders from the site of Shaundakul's greatest temple.
Most windwalkers are clerics or rangers. Some bards and sorcerers become windwalkers, but other classes rarely follow this path. Windwalkers are usually loners and rarely stay in any one location for any length of time. Many make their living exploring new caravan routes for merchant consortiums. Others simply live off the land, traveling far and wide across the globe in search of new vistas. A fair number of windwalkers are active adventurers, albeit with a penchant for exploring far-off ruins in mysterious locales.
Hit Die: d8
To qualify to become a Windwalker, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Race: Human, half-elf, air genasi
- Skills: Hide 5 ranks, Move Silently 5 ranks, Spot 5 ranks, Survival 3 ranks.
- Feats: Lightning Reflexes, Track, Weapon Focus. (greatsword).
- Base Attack Bonus: +5.
- Spells: Ability to cast divine spells. Clerics who wish to become windwalkers must have access to the Air or Travel domain.
- Patron: Shaundakul.
- Special: The character must have visited at least three different regions in her lifetime. The character must have flown at least once for an hour or more, whether by means of magic or an aerial mount.
Faiths & Pantheons
Older Prestige class adapted to 3.5
All the Prestige Classes material is © Hasbro 2003, 2004 and used without their permission - so make them happy and buy the book.