Knight of the Sword - Greyhawk Prestige Class
This Prestige class uses elements that may not be applicable to the Forgotten Realms Campaign
Knights of the Sword are warriors who fight with power and faith to defend justice and truth. They believe that the spirit is the wellspring from which courage flows. Their willingness to sacrifice their own needs - even their own lives, if necessary - makes the Knights of the Sword such powerful champions of good.
Kir-Jolith grants the Sword Knights magic that give them strength in battle, the power to defeat dangerous opponents, and the ability to protect others in need. Even when they do not have divine magic from their deity, faith and courage sustains them.
Hit Die: d10
To qualify to become a Knight of the Sword, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Skills: Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 2 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Ride 4 ranks.
- Feats: Diehard, Endurance, Honor-Bound.
- Base Attack Bonus: +6.
Base Save Bonuses: Will +4.
- Spellcasting: Ability to cast 1st level divine spells.
- Special: To become a Knight of the Sword, the character must have at least one level of the Knight of the Crown prestige class and the knightly courage class ability.
Knightly Virtue: A character must be a Knight of the Crown in good standing before he can petition the Order of the Sword to be accepted into that body. During his time as a Knight of the Crown, the candidate must demonstrate his virtue and his adherence to the Oath and the Measure. Before he can apply to a Knightly Council for acceptance into the Order of the Sword, he must have accomplished all the following, and be able to present witnesses to attest to his performance.
- A journey of 500 miles or more in length and 30 days or more in time.
- Three tests of the knight's wisdom.
- One test of his generosity.
- One test of compassion.
- The restoration of something that was lost.
- Single combat with a worthy evil opponent (whose Challenge Rating is no more than two lower than the knight's character level).
- A deed of heroism and valor that upholds the virtues of knightly honor and good.
All the Prestige Classes material is © Hasbro 2003, 2004 and used without their permission - so make them happy and buy the book.